Today we would like to share to you about how to dip dye your denim, this denim is happening right now.
You couldn’t buy a new pair of dip dye denim, because you can make it by yourself 🙂
Wohoooo, check this out!
- Method 1 of 2: Bleach
1. Wear plastic gloves and create bleach solution by mixing 2 parts water and 1 part bleach in a plastic bucket.
2. Prepare your shorts by looping a ruler though the front or back belt loops.
3. Dip the shorts into the liquid to the desired depth.
The shorts should be sitting in the bleach solution up to the desired height and the yardstick can be sitting on the top of the bucket. Leave the shorts soaking for approx 30 minutes. The bleach might creep up about 1 of the fabric, so place a little less of the shorts in the bleach than you want to turn white.
4. After the bleach has turned the shorts as white as you like them, take them out and soak them in a sink, bucket, or bathtub with 2 parts water and 1 part vinegar for 5 to 10 minutes to stop the bleaching.
5. Lay flat, and let the shorts dry.
Wash them ‘alone’.
- Method 2 of 2: Dip Dye
1. Make sure the bleached shorts are completely dry and cover your work surface to prevent any staining.
2. Put on your rubber gloves and shake the liquid dye.
Pour ¼ cup into the small disposable container. Add ½ cup of salt to the dye along with 2 cups of very hot water. You can microwave the water in a measuring cup for 2 minutes.
3. In a plastic bin or bucket, pour 1 gallon (3.8 L) of hot tap water
(Note: easiest to warm on the stove), a squirt of dish-washing liquid, and the prepared dye mixture. Stir with mixing stick.
4. Wet the part of the shorts you want to dye.
Squeeze out excess water. Now, start the dipping process. Holding the shorts, with the rubber gloves on, dip the shorts into the dye. Keep dipping the shorts in and out until you feel as though you’ve reached the desired color.
5. Wring out excess dye and rinse the part of the shorts that have been dyed with cool water.
Then rinse the bottom part of the shorts in warm water, until the water runs clear.
6. Wash shorts in cold water with detergent to help set the dye.
7. Voila! Your new dip dye denim is ready to wear today
Let’s try at your home denimian!